London: Car or van availability
Location Type: Regions, ONS Geographic Code: E12000007
London added to comparison list.
|Population Density (people/km2)
Related Census Areas
|Unit of Measure
|Number of Response Options
This dataset provides Census 2021 estimates on the number of cars or vans available to members of households for England and Wales. The estimates are as at Census Day, 21 March 2021.
The number of cars or vans owned or available for use by household members.
* pick-ups, camper vans and motor homes
* vehicles that are temporarily not working
* vehicles that have failed their MOT
* vehicles owned or used by a lodger
* company cars or vans if they're available for private use
Vehicles not included:
* motorbikes, trikes, quad bikes or mobility scooters
* vehicles that have a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN)
* vehicles owned or used only by a visitor
* vehicles that are kept at another address or not easily accessed
The number of cars or vans in an area relates only to households. Cars or vans used by communal establishment residents are not counted.
Households with 10 to 20 cars or vans are counted as having only 10.
Households with more than 20 cars or vans were treated as invalid and a value imputed.
|Number of cars or vans: Total: All households
|No cars or vans in household
|1 car or van in household
|2 cars or vans in household
|3 or more cars or vans in household
Bar chart not showing properly? Data with large numbers of options really needs a wider screen. Try rotating your fondleslab into landscape mode and refreshing the page.