Barking and Dagenham: Occupancy rating for bedrooms
Location Type: Built Up Areas, ONS Geographic Code: E63004859
Barking and Dagenham added to comparison list.
The ONS doesn't publish census data directly for Built Up Areas. The figures on this page are aggregated from census areas contained within Barking and Dagenham. They may not, therefore, be precisely accurate. Age-standardised statistics and population density are not available for aggregated datasets.
Related Census Areas
|Unit of Measure
|Number of Response Options
This dataset provides Census 2021 estimates that classify households in England and Wales by occupancy rating based on the number of bedrooms in the household. The estimates are as at Census Day, 21 March 2021.
Whether a household's accommodation is overcrowded, ideally occupied or under-occupied. This is calculated by comparing the number of bedrooms the household requires to the number of available bedrooms.
The number of bedrooms the household requires is calculated according to the Bedroom Standard, where the following should have their own bedroom:
1. married or cohabiting couple
2. single parent
3. person aged 16 years and over
4. pair of same-sex persons aged 10 to 15 years
5. person aged 10 to 15 years paired with a person under 10 years of the same sex
6. pair of children aged under 10 years, regardless of their sex
7. person aged under 16 years who cannot share a bedroom with someone in 4, 5 or 6 above
An occupancy rating of:
* -1 or less implies that a household’s accommodation has fewer bedrooms than required (overcrowded)
* +1 or more implies that a household’s accommodation has more bedrooms than required (under-occupied)
* 0 suggests that a household’s accommodation has an ideal number of bedrooms
|Occupancy rating for bedrooms: Total: All households
|Occupancy rating of bedrooms: +2 or more
|Occupancy rating of bedrooms: +1
|Occupancy rating of bedrooms: 0
|Occupancy rating of bedrooms: -1
|Occupancy rating of bedrooms: -2 or less
These values are calculated by adding up the values for census output areas contained within Barking and Dagenham. They may, therefore, be slightly inaccurate due to administrative boundaries not precisely aligning with census boundaries.
Bar chart not showing properly? Data with large numbers of options really needs a wider screen. Try rotating your fondleslab into landscape mode and refreshing the page.